Discover the Beauty and History of Virginia: A Guide for Tourists
Are you interested in knowing more about the history of the place and the destination you’re visiting? Virginia is a perfectly suitable destination that offers beautiful views, the glory of history, and the essence of exploration that you’re looking for. Don’t forget your camera as you’re going to enjoy some of the most beautiful days of your life.
Virginia is nicknamed the Old Dominion, the Mother of states, Mother of Presidents, and the Commonwealth is the state that offers tourists lots of beauty and natural features that you might not even think for. Virginia is termed to be one of the beautiful destinations for a vacation that is filled with sandy beaches, Blue Ridge Mountains, and some of the most attractive things about its history. Visitors have the chance of seeing the varied species of birds and animals on the lands of Virginia. Even there are many interesting facts about Virginia that might increase your interest in knowing more about it.
Virginia offers the tourists right historical ruins and history that is well-preserved in the form of historical sites. Trust me, folks, there are stunning some of the most beautiful places to visit and things to do in Virginia that you can even notice by having a look at the pictures. Not only the places but the mountains of the states also offer different activities that you can perform while you’re visiting Virginia. The mountains are best suitable as the prime destination for hiking, and other outdoor species that might turn up your travel destination to be one of the most memorable ones for you and your loved ones with you.
Here are certainly some of the interesting facts about Virginia that can help you in knowing the destination you’re visiting in-depth.
Interesting facts about Virginia:
- It is among the common ones, but Virginia was named for England’s “Virginia Queen,” Elizabeth 1. It is something interesting to know about, but the major crop grow that you might find in Virginia is tobacco, and many of the people in Virginia who love there earns more of their earning from the tobacco industries situated in Virginia.
- You might not know this, but Virginia accounts for 2 out of 10 vanity plates in the entire nation. There are even more than 1.3 million registered personalized plates. It simply concludes with having more vanity plates as compared to the people in the state. Virginia consists of even more than 9 million residents, which simply means that the specialized number plates are even more than 1262822 that are registered in the state.
- You might not know it, but approximately more than 70 percent of internet traffic is handled by Virginia. It is also known by the name of Silicon Valley in the East. It is termed that more than half of the world’s internet traffic goes through the data centers of Loudoun County. Isn’t it something really interesting fact about Virginia?
Virginia: The Mother of Presidents, the Internet Capital, and More
The first peanuts which are growing in the USA were grown in Virginia. Virginia is termed to be the place of “Mother of presidents” As it is considered to be the birthplace of the eight most powerful presidents of the USA. They are:
- James Madison
- George Washington
- James Monroe
- John Tyler
- Woodrow Wilson
- Thomas Jefferson
Among them the first five USA presidents were Virginians. It is also termed the internet capital of the world. As it is discussed above, this is something really interesting to know about Virginia.
- Have you heard about the largest bridge-tunnel complex? It is constructed in Virginia. It is considered to be 18 to 19 miles long. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is termed to be the largest tunnel complex bridge that is constructed in the regions of Virginia. It comprises two bridges and also two to three-mile-long tunnels that stretch towards the mouth of Chesapeake Bay and tie up the city on another shore to the city of Cape Charles with Norfolk.
- Are you interested in getting your students to study in Virginia? Then let me tell you they are going to enjoy a lot as there are different laws which the state works upon. It is a paradise for the students due to the laws of King’s Dominion. In Virginia, it is not important for the kids to select between roller coasters and homework. It simply indicates that the state’s school year depends on the most popular amusement park situated in Virginia. And even the session of school can’t start before the first Monday of September. This is only possible due to Kings Dominion’s Law.
- You might be shocked of hearing this, but Virginia is termed to be the most attractive place as it consists of more sites of civil war battles than any other state. It is assumed that more than 121 battles have been fought in the lands of Virginia. It is explained as the average of one of the major battles fought every 12 to 12 days throughout the year. It might have turned up the place into a War for a longer period of time.
- Have you heard about the Pentagon building in Virginia? It is among the largest working building in the entire world and comprises twice or thrice the space of the Empire State Building. It comprises a space of more than 5100000 square feet. Well, for a common person, it is nearly impossible to travel from one end to the other end of the building within 10 minutes of time.
- But, there’s nothing to worry about if you’re tired of walking so much in the primes. The defense department provides the facilities for driving scooters into the prime of the building. But, it takes to the top speed of 3mph. The first quarter horse, it is one of the most popular horses in the entire world. It was actually bred in Virginia. It is among the most popular breed that you can come across in America.