Where to stay in Amsterdam?
A last-minute trip to Amsterdam resulted in booking for the first time at the wonderful historical Radisson Blu, dating back to the mid-1700s, surrounded by 2 canals and luckily where I needed to be. Centrally located, far away from the crowd yet within walking distance from the theater with Dam Square only being 400 meters away. Every morning after breakfast, our bicycle was ready with the wonderful concierge. He knew exactly the time of day I woke up and that I loved cycling in the city in the early mornings. I was surprised I never stayed here before… Amsterdam was always on our itinerary once a year for the past 20 years. I grew accustomed to the lifestyle and beautiful places to stay in Amsterdam.
To get a closer look at the spacious accommodation, my ‘business class’ room was approximately 30m(2) and had everything I needed. An extra bed, in its own corner, in its own space could easily be placed inside the room that is filled with incredible light from the ceiling to floor windows. A great choice of rooms existed which gives guests a lot of options from 7 different categories.
The property is spread over two buildings and you could see the facade of history on each side. It’s everything you would need in Amsterdam even traveling with family.
Radisson Blu Amsterdam | Good for families | Good for business travelers | Good for friends| Starting Rate at 177 euros/per night |
Where to eat in Amsterdam?
Every year, you have the same restaurants or coffee shops (that serve coffee) that remain the same with exceptional food quality. Every now and then, a new place opens and everyone is aware of it. Here are a few places to eat in Amsterdam.
1. Morgan & Mees Restaurant – Great vibe, great food. Seats are available outdoors too. Serves breakfast, lunch & dinner
Opening Time: 08.00 – 22.00
2. The Duchess – A perfect place for high tea with a fabulous dessert menu not to be missed! Available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a little insider note: It's a little magical for Instagram images!
Opening Time: 07:00 – 23:00
3. Ree7 Amsterdam – One of the typical cozy places for breakfast in Amsterdam and perfect for catching up and desserts. It’s quite a small place, your typical Dutch kind of place, make sure you get there early.
Opening time: 09:00 – 18:00
4. PLUK Amsterdam – One of the greatest places again for breakfast with their delicious perfect pancake mix with such a great vibe. A place for smoothies, and detox collection and you can even shop their products online!
Opening Time: 09:00 – 18:00
5. Louie Louie Amsterdam – A bar where you can have breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Amsterdam where everything is super chilled and outdoors is also available! Sweet potato fries for lunch or poached eggs for breakfast!
Opening Time: 09:00 – 01:00
6. Corner Bakery Amsterdam – Delicious indoor and outdoor bakery that serves breakfast (Acai bowls too) and lunch. Serves one of the greatest sandwiches in the city and opens as early as 8am!
Opening time: 08:00 – 16:00
7. Swing at Adam’s Lookout – A 360 degrees view of Amsterdam’s historic city center, Europe’s highest swing, positioned at a terrifying height of nearly 100 meters above the ground. The LOOKOUT is also your entrance to the interactive Amsterdam exhibition, the Madam panorama bar-restaurant club.
Opening time: 10:00 – 22:00
8. Janz Amsterdam – Oh Jansz! A beautiful, classic, and elegant dutch style restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Definitely on your list of places to eat in Amsterdam, especially for lunch! Pain perdu is served for breakfast and you won’t regret it and opens at 6:30AM!
Opening time: 06:30 – 22:00
9. C . T Coffee & Coconuts – Millions of choices whether it's for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Opening time: 08:00 – 23:00
10. Calf & Bloom Amsterdam – Calf & Bloom in Amsterdam is a perfect place for lunch
Opening Time: 10:00 – 20:00