As we age, we often have more time to travel and explore, but we may also have concerns about safety and accessibility. Road Scholar trips offer a perfect solution for seniors seeking adventure, culture, and education in a secure and friendly environment.
Road Scholar Trips inspire and cater to seniors seeking adventure, culture, and education in a secure and friendly environment. With over 5,500 programs in 150 countries, Road Scholar's programs offer unique opportunities for travelers to explore the world, learn new things, and make lasting friendships. All trips are designed for older adults, with comfortable accommodations, easy transportation, and expert guides. Join the adventure of a lifetime and embark on a memorable journey with Road Scholar Trips.
Southwest Canyons and National Parks
Embark on an exciting adventure through the stunning landscapes of Arizona and Utah, while exploring the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Parks. The Western side of the USA offers a thrilling journey and the opportunity to hike among red-rock formations, learn about local wildlife and geology from expert guides, and visit ancient Native American sites. With the warmth being present from the end of March to the beginning of May and the midst of September to November, it is the perfect time to schedule this trip as the weather is mild and suitable for these outdoor activities.
- Hiking in the Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon National Parks; discovering the natural beauty of the area.
- Visiting Monument Valley and Canyon de Chelly; move through the terrain to learn about the indigenous people and their history.
- Learning about Navajo and Hopi cultures, and understanding the traditions and stories that shaped this region.
Cuba: People, Culture, and Art
Explore the lively culture and history of Cuba in this fascinating 13-day trip. This itinerary covers destinations such as Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, and Santiago de Cuba, meeting local artists who fill the vibrant country with music and art. Participants get to learn about the Revolution, the Afro-Cuban culture, and how the embargo affected the island's economy. November to April is the perfect time to visit Cuba due to the mild tropical weather and breeze.
- Exploring Old Havana's colorful architecture and vintage cars; soaking up the essence of the city.
- Meeting local artists and musicians in their homes and studios; learning about their inspirations and gaining knowledge about the community.
- Visiting the Bay of Pigs; exploring the history of the place.
Italy's Lake District: Culture, Scenery, and Cuisine
Love art, history, and culinary delights? This 7-day trip to the Italian Lake District covers picturesque towns like Como, Bellagio, and Stresa. Learn about the region's famous wines and cheeses and experience art by visiting villas and gardens overlooking the lakes. Participants delve into the rich artistic heritage of the Lombard and Venetian regions. Visitors can comfortably secure their reservations at any time between May and October when the weather is pleasant.
- Cruising on Lake Como and Lake Maggiore; enjoying the scenic surroundings.
- Visiting Villa Balbianello and Villa del Balbiano; marvelling at the grand and intricate architecture.
- Tasting local wines and cooking with Italian chefs; learning the art of Italian cuisine and enjoying the culinary experience.
Alaska's Inside Passage: Bears, Whales, and Glaciers
Take an 11-day adventure and experience the wild beauty of Alaska's Inside Passage. The trip includes a small ship, and participants get to observe glaciers, fjords and wildlife reserves up close. Witness brown bears, humpback whales and sea lions as the ship moves through. Along the way, visits to historic towns such as Sitka, Skagway, and Juneau allow participants to learn about the Native American cultures and gold rush legacy. June to August provides longer daylight hours and warmer weather, making it the perfect time to travel.
- Seeing the Mendenhall Glacier and Glacier Bay National Park; experiencing the beauty of nature at its best.
- Hiking in Tongass National Forest and Admiralty Island; observing the wildlife and exploring the scenery.
- Observing wildlife in Frederick Sound and Chatham Strait; spotting brown bears, humpback whales and more.