Croatia is a dream destination for any girls trip. The stunning Adriatic coastline, historic old towns, and vibrant nightlife make it an ideal spot for female travelers seeking fun in the sun. Here are the top places to visit in Croatia for an unforgettable girls' holiday.
Is Croatia good for a girls trip?
Absolutely! Croatia has everything you could want for a fun-filled girls trip. The gorgeous beaches, charming towns full of cafes and shops, and lively nightlife make it a perfect choice. The country is also very safe and easy to navigate, so you can relax and enjoy your time with friends.
Split - The Sunny Coastal Gem
Heading the list is Split, Croatia's second-largest city. Located on the central Dalmatian Coast, Split has a stunning setting along the Adriatic Sea and within sight of several islands. The historic Old Town is a must-see, with Roman ruins, medieval palaces, and cathedrals. You'll love strolling the cobblestone streets, popping into boutiques and cafes, and soaking up the lively atmosphere.
When you need a break from sightseeing, hit the beach at Bačvice - the most popular in Split. The golden sand and clear blue waters are perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and water sports. By night, the buzzing bars and clubs come alive, offering live music, cocktails, and dancing till dawn. Split is the place to be if you're looking for a girl's trip with beaches, history, and nightlife in abundance.
Dubrovnik - The Pearl of the Adriatic
Dubrovnik, often called "The Pearl of the Adriatic", is the prettiest part of Croatia and ideal for a girl's trip. The stunning Old Town is enclosed by imposing stone walls that look out to the shimmering Adriatic. Wander the cobblestone streets and soak up the history, then take a cable car up to Mount Srđ for sweeping views of the city and islands.
The beaches near Dubrovnik are also spectacular, with pebble coves and clear turquoise waters. Banje Beach and Copacabana Beach are favorites for sunbathing, swimming, and water sports. When the sun goes down, the bars in the Old Town come alive with live music, cocktails, and great vibes. Dubrovnik has everything you want for an unforgettable girls' holiday - history, beaches, shopping, and nightlife in a stunning setting.
Zadar - The Hip Coastal City
If you want a more laid-back girls' trip, consider Zadar on Croatia's northern coast. This up-and-coming city has a beautiful historic center, miles of sandy beaches, and a hip vibe.
The main attraction is Zadar's historic Old Town, with Roman ruins, medieval churches, and Venetian architecture. Wander the narrow, cobblestone streets and pop into the many cafes and shops. The main promenade hugs the harbor and is lined with restaurants and bars - perfect for people-watching.
The beaches near Zadar are pristine, with golden sand and clear waters. The most popular is Kolovare Beach, just a short walk from the Old Town. Here you can lounge on the sand, swim in the calm waters, and rent kayaks or stand-up paddle boards.
Zadar's nightlife is lively but not overwhelming. The many bars and cafes in the Old Town come alive at night, offering live music, cocktails, and a more laid-back vibe than Split or Dubrovnik. If you're looking for a girl's trip with a bit more of a local flavor, Zadar delivers with its historic charms, beaches, and easygoing atmosphere.
Hvar Town - Island Escape
For an island escape, head to the sunny port town of Hvar on the island of the same name. Hvar Town is a picturesque harbor village with Venetian architecture, hidden squares, and a promenade lined with cafes, restaurants, and high-end boutiques.
The beaches near Hvar Town are stunning, with pebble coves and crystal-clear waters. The Pakleni Islands just offshore offer secluded beaches, perfect for swimming and sunbathing. Water sports like kayaking, paddle boarding, and snorkeling are also popular.
By night, Hvar Town comes alive with its lively bars, cocktail lounges, and clubs. The nightlife here is legendary, offering live music, dancing, and cocktails under the stars. The laid-back island vibe, gorgeous beaches, and vibrant nightlife make Hvar Town an ideal choice for a girl's trip with a Mediterranean twist.
So in summary, Croatia has many wonderful options for a perfect girls' trip. The historic coastal cities of Split and Dubrovnik offer a mix of history, beaches, and nightlife, while Zadar and Hvar Town provide more laid-back island escapes with stunning beaches and a lively-yet-relaxed atmosphere. Wherever you choose to go, Croatia's natural beauty, historic charm, and welcoming culture will make your girl's trip truly unforgettable.
things to do, and food to try on a girl's trip in Croatia:
Things to Do:
- Rent a boat and explore the islands - Cruising the Adriatic Islands is a must for any girl's trip to Croatia. Rent a small boat and spend the day swimming, sunbathing, and exploring secluded beaches.
- Shop for souvenirs - Browse the many boutiques and shops in the old towns of Split, Dubrovnik, Zadar, and Hvar for authentic Croatian souvenirs like lavender products, olive oil, jewelry, and handmade crafts.
- Relax at a spa - Treat yourself to a day of pampering at one of Croatia's many seaside spas. Massages, facials, and body treatments using local herbs and oils can help you unwind.
- Catch a live music show - Croatia has a thriving music scene, especially in the summer. Catch a live performance of traditional Croatian folk music or pop/rock bands in one of the seaside cafes or clubs.
Food to Try:
- Pašticada - A classic Croatian beef stew made with wine, prunes, and spices. It's rich and flavorful, perfect for chilly evenings.
- Black risotto - A Croatian specialty made with cuttlefish ink and seafood. The dark color and unique flavor make this a memorable dish.
- Brodet - A delicious seafood stew made with fish, shellfish, and vegetables in a tomato-based broth. It's the perfect comfort food.
- Prosciutto - Croatian prosciutto is delicious, especially from the Dalmatian region. Try it with melon or cheese for a light snack.
- Seafood - Fresh seafood is abundant in Croatia, especially along the coast. Try grilled or baked whole fish, mussels, octopus, shrimp, and lobster.